Getting Into Radio Introduced by John Peel (1999)
Now then, here’s a cute little curio featuring our John. It’s a rip from a promotional CD that was produced for people interested in a career in radio. I know!
Don’t be put-off though because it is in fact a well produced affair. Peelie hosts the one hour documentary featuring numerous industry professionals and it is interesting enough in itself even if you have no plans for a life on the waves. Now there’s a pun worthy of local radio. You can have that one on me!
From the Sleeve Notes:
“Getting Into Radio is a unique collection of advice, suggestions, hints and tips from our collegues throughout the radio industry. We know that you’ll find it useful and hope that you enjoy it.”
01. Getting Into Radio – Introduction by John Peel
02. Engineering – From studio sessions to digits: An essential guide.
03. Production – The skills and interests you need to make it.
04. Sales and Marketing – How to sell yourself into a selling role.
05. Journalism – Editors and journalists with the inside story.
06. Commercial Production – An insider’s guide to 30 second heaven.
07. Presentation – Presenters on how to get in and get on the air.
08. Getting Into Radio – A final thought, “Never give up!”
Running time: 1hr 31sec
It’s a rapidshare link for now – you don’t mind too much do you? The comments are there if you do!